The Palestinian Crisis : Lessons From The Qur’aan!
B i s m i l l a a h i r R a h m a a n i r R a h e e m
Allaah The Exalted Says:
By the heaven, holding the big stars.
And by the Promised Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) ;
And by the witnessing day, and by the witnessed day;
Cursed were the people of the ditch;
Fire supplied (abundantly) with fuel,
When they sat by it (fire),
And they witnessed what they were doing against the believers (i.e. burning them).
They had nothing against them, except that they believed in Allaah,
the All-Mighty, Worthy of all Praise!
Who, to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth! And Allaah is Witness over everything.
Verily, those who put into trial the believing men and believing women (by torturing them and burning them), and then do not turn in repentance, (to Allaah), will have the torment of Hell, and they will have the punishment of the burning Fire.”
(Suratul Burooj 85:1-10)
The Imaam, Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah) said:
In these verses there are lessons:
– Allaah The Exalted might give His enemies the upper hand over His allies, so don’t be amazed when Allaah The Mighty and Majestic let’s the kuffar have the upper hand over the believers – and hence they kill them, and burn them, and transgress over their honour – don’t be amazed.
Surely Allaah The Exalted has wisdom behind all that.
– The victims from among the believers; their reward in front of Allaah is great [InshaAllaah] .
– And those transgressing disbelievers; Allaah is giving them some time- and He shall punish them gradually from directions they perceive not.
– And for the rest of the Muslims; for them [these occurrences] are lessons, and admonitions [to benefit and build upon] – as to what is happening to their [victimized] brethren.
So for example we hear of what is happening of the great transgressions: of the honour [of Muslims], and the destruction of property, and the hunger suffered by the young and the weak old ones- we hear of things which makes you cry.
So we say: ‘SubhaanaAllaah [Far removed is Allaah from any imperfection] , what [and how] is this strength given against those Muslims!!?
But we say: ‘O, my brother; don’t be amazed – for indeed Allaah The Exalted Has struck for us an example in those before us – who used to be burn the Believers with fire.’
Thus for those brethren of ours –in the Islamic Lands- who have been [wrongfully] overwhelmed:
– This is a raise in degree for the victims.
– And a reason for the sins to be expiated.
– And it is a lesson for the rest. 
– And it is also a delusion for those disbelievers such that when they [continue upon] transgression – then Allaah destroys them.
And from the other points of benefit in these verses:
That these disbelievers they did not extract from the Muslims [and punish them for] any sin- except one sin, and it is: That they believed in Allaah, the All-Mighty, Worthy of all Praise! 
And [surely] this is not a sin. Rather this is the truth. And the one who denies it; he is the one who is reprimanded.
So we ask Allaah The Exalted, The One who is free from All Imperfections ; to aid and grant victory to the Muslims in all places, and that He prevents from us the evil of our enemies, and that He return their plots onto themselves : Indeed He is All-Able.’
Entry filed under: info, Uncategorized. Tags: gaza, hamas, israel, israel forces, jihad, lessons from the qura'an, middleast, palestine crisis, palestinian, resoultion, UN resolution, war, war on gaza.