Dubai Taxi woes
Dubai has a tremendous Taxi network and they maintain high standards by facilitating with 24×7 customer service to book taxis.. I heard that the Dubai government had once sent a proposal to Mercedes for the taxis in Dubai, which the Mercedes turned down to maintain their high status, and Dubai finally managed with Toyota Camry’s, Chevrolet and Peugeot. Otherwise almost everyone in Dubai would be roaming around town in Mercedes…WOW!
Now we have the other side of the story which is really awful, especially with the services from most of the drivers. They have numerous funny and silly reasons to escape from the passengers who are in need to go ahead in the heavily jam-packed traffic.
Some of the silly excuses are:
1. No..I can’t take you over there because I just finished my shift…..The question arises: if he had just ended his shift, then why did he even bother to stop?
2. Sorry..I thought you were going on that side…..How does he expect the passenger to go in his own intended route?
3. It’s my prayer time so……same story… They shouldn’t bother to stop in that case.
4. I am going for lunch/tea/dinner………..hmmm.
5. My car is having a problem and need to take it to the garage………. really?
6. Some drivers are bold enough to say “I will NOT GO that side no matter who you complain to”.
If at all our luck clicks, we get the taxi, but with the soar face of driver who murmur things by showing his frustration with his actions and expressions till the passenger finally reaches his/her destination.
It’s an honest duty to perform being a driver and not to let down the passengers who may be in extreme urgency. I remember once we missed the appointment of a Doctor due to their “NO” and all other above-mentioned excuses. We can’t plan things in advance and are not whether we would be reaching our destination on time, but Dubai government is taking almost all measures to eradicate these problems by imposing penalties on the drivers.
Anyone having similar issues? just share with me with possible solutions to solve this problem.